1752288 Members
4332 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remove stacking interface from S3500-24P switch

RonRN18
Occasional Visitor

Remove stacking interface from S3500-24P switch

I have three Aruba S3500-24P switches. I don't know how, but ONE of my gigabitethernet interfaces has been set to be a stacked port. The three switches are appropriately stacked with SFP+ modules and as you would expect the second two SFP+ ports are showing up as a yellow "S" on the visual display of the switches from the web interface. Unfortunately, GE-1/0/1 also has a yellow "S" and does not show up as an interface.. I can't figure out how to remove stacking from GE-1/0/1. Anyone know the trick?

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Remove stacking interface from S3500-24P switch

Via CLI (on the particular Stack member)? it should be possible to use a command like: delete stacking interface stack <module/port> if the port GE-1/0/1 was erroneously configured as a Stacked Port. Reference ArubaOS 7.x CLI Guide.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
RonRN18
Occasional Visitor

Re: Remove stacking interface from S3500-24P switch

This does not appear to work. I'm not sure if it is due to the fact that it is a gigabit port instead of a SFP+ port or not. As it is a stacked switch, it isn't just <module>/<port>, but rather <slot>/<module>/<port>. This gigabit port is on 1/0/1. If I type in "delete stacking interface stack 1/0/1", I get an error saying "Interface doesn't exist.