108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Switch trunking

peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

Switch trunking

Hi,

I have a situation here that,

I have 2910 al 48 ports switches 5 connected each other via stack ( using J9165A) this I made as a trunk channel (trunk 1) . All the VLANтАЩs tagged to TRK1 (trunk 1).  Diagram is shown below. The core switch is SWITCH 1 and all the VLANS terminating on it.

My doubt is:

•  If the VLANs repeating on different switches and in that case, will this scenario works? Will it cause any packet drops ?
  •  I can manage the first switch because there is IP address assigned on it but not in rest of the switches because they are tagged to the TRK1 (trunk 1) .How can i still manage all the switches if I connected using trunk?

Can anyone please advise me with this, If u need any further information please let me know.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

hi

it is wrong trunk configuration

for each trunk group must have between two switch

[sw1/trk1]-------[trk1/sw2/trk2]--------[trk2/sw3/trk4]----------[trk4/sw4/trk5]---------[trk5sw5.........etc

cenk

peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

Hi cenk,
thanks for your solution. i have another doubt .. so in this case if all the vlans is terminating on switch 1, and
- from switch 1 there is only one trunk trk 1 going to switch 2
- i can tagg all the vlans in switch 1 and sw 2 to trk1
- what about the rest of the switches wr can i tag there vlans to
can you please advise me with how can i tag the vlans in this case of trunk. in switch 1 and switch 3.
thanks

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

hi

trunk port is a virtual interface samely phisical interface

is there for all trunk port untag default vlan and tag all other vlan

for carrying all vlan on all swiches

cenk

peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your reply.
i am happy with it. going to do the interchange today
thanks again wish me luck :)
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor
peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

Hi ,
i have an issue , I did the trunking in the way you advised and it didnt work. Switch 1 i created all the vlans and Switch 1 to Switch 2 connected via Trunk (trk1). and from switch 2 to Switch 3 another Trunk (trk2) like that and Vlans in Switch 3 Is not getting IP or cannot Reach the VLAN gateway which is in Switch 1.
please help me with this.
thanks
peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

Do i have to use LACP in this situation to make it work ? please give me a solution