Aruba & ProVision-based
1751757 Members
5327 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to gain web or telnet access for management?

SOLVED
Go to solution
romatlo32
Advisor

Unable to gain web or telnet access for management?

Hello folks,

I recently joined a company with several Procurve switches.  There are a couple of 2848 switches (A and B).  Both are configured with IP address on default VLAN 1.  I able to gain web and telnet access to switch A, but not switch B.  Both switch configs are attached.  There is more snmp configuration and an authorized manager setting that is not on switch A. 

Could it be snmp settings or the authorized manager entry causing lack of web and telnet access?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
GuruP
Valued Contributor
Solution

Looks like Ip authorized manager might be the cause. Here is the document on how to configure: http://whp-aus2.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/networking/software/Security-Oct2005-59906024-Chap11-Auth_IP.pdf

Hope this helps!

romatlo32
Advisor

Thank you for responding!

I am thinking that if I delete that entry (no authorized manager like the other switches) telnet and web access should start working.

Will try it on Monday and update this thread.  Thanks again!

romatlo32
Advisor

I tested this on a lab switch and removing the IP authority entry made the difference in general telnet/web access.  I need to change it on our production switch.  Will close this thread as resolved for now.

Thanks!