5602 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

100Mb connection to blade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew Hoole

100Mb connection to blade

Is there anyway a HP c3000 blade enclosure system can be connected to an existing 100Mb network. None of the interconnect modules I have looked at go down to this speed, which is understandable but a bit tricky if that is the network you've got at present.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: 100Mb connection to blade

hi,

actually i think ( it's my opinion )if your blade have multiple 1 Gbit connection and you put it to the 100Mbit network it should work, but the speed between your netork infrasture and your balde will be shrink to 100 Mbit/s.

mikap
Julian Stenning
Frequent Advisor

The 'older' Virtual Connect 1/10Gb ENet modules will do fast ethernet.

Julian.
vncl
Occasional Advisor

you can not use C3000 blade enclosure without the interconnect modles.you have to have interconnect modules you can connecet the 100Mb network but C3000 blade enclosure downlink is working 1Gb network and uplink work as 100Mbps you have face network proformace issue.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

use a passthru module and then your preffered switch set to auto negoiate,,,
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

There is no way to work at 100mb, enclosure is designed to work at 1GB or 10 GB not less.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hmm trafficic to OA is at 100 mb when it is in enclosure..
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

and i think to the ilos too
Andrew Hoole

I have looked at the options again and I think I may have been wrong in my initial statement. The Cisco Catalyst 3020 module seems to use 1Gb on the internal side but has a number of ports on the back which it claims are 10/100/1000. If I am reasoning right I should be able to connect one of those to the 100Mb network I have. The issue really is the performance degradation this is going to cause.

Please correct me if I am wrong on this as I don't want to send money on this module if it isn't going to be the solution.

Thanks

Andrew
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Andrew here are all your supported options with spare part numbers too

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12517_na/12517_na.html

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)