1753549 Members
5618 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

10GB ethernet BL-c Switch in Bay 5+6

Zeppo
Occasional Contributor

10GB ethernet BL-c Switch in Bay 5+6

If i have the switch in Bay 5+6 of a c7000 and link up with it via NC512m plugged into MezzPort2 of BL460c, can I still use the Bays 7+8 for other devices?? in my case I'd like to have two 3GB SAS switches in BAY 7+8 and link up to it from a BL620c via MezzPort3 and a P700m.
your quick answer will be highly appreciated.
tgds, sepp reichholf
3 REPLIES 3
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Re: 10GB ethernet BL-c Switch in Bay 5+6

The P700m does have 4 ports and if installed in mezz slot 3 the ports are wired to interconnect bay 5,6,7,8. Each port is enabled by OA only if a SAS switch module is installed in the bay wired to that port. So in your case OA should enable only two ports wired to interconnect bay 7 and 8. This is theory, I've not checked it.
Zeppo
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your reply. in the meantime i found out that the NC512m in M2 (being a dual channel NIC) has active ports in bay5 and 7. the reason for that is, it was originally designed to address 2 redundant 10Gb switches. Unfortunately I do not know (yet) if that port in bay 7 can be disabled.... will let u know tomorrow, once I have tested it.
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

for Half-Height servers, Unless u have a Quad port card in Mezz2, Bay 7 and 8 will not be used.

So, NC512m is a dual port card and will be mapped to only bays 5 and 6.

Make sure that no other server(Full height) in that chassis is not occupied the Mezz3. In such case u can it for BL620c Mezz3 with P700m.