BladeSystem - General
1748223 Members
4710 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

10gb xfp uplink -> no connection to Procurve switch (5406)

Jochen Schlawe

10gb xfp uplink -> no connection to Procurve switch (5406)

HI all,

i have problems by configurig a Port Trunk between 10GB XFP Ports and a Procurve switch.
inside of the vc manager the switch mac is shown for about 2 minutes ( the portshow of the switch shows more than 20GB traffic during this time) and after that the mac has gone. no connection to the switch the whole time. the vc config: 4 VCs connectet in Bay 1 to 4. Port Trunk must be build over bay 1 and 3 and over 2 ad 4. Uplink configured with 10gb CX4 Cabling to bay 1 to 3 and for 2 to 4. connection mode is set to auto. fixed speed set to 10gb. on switch side: i tried each possible config: lacp active/passive with/without port trunking.
Firmware on VC -->1.24; OA is 2.21. Switch firmware is also the latest. A short question as addon: is porttrunking over bay 1 to 3 and bay 2 to 4 supported? the smaller vc does not support the config. our vc has 4 x 1gb copper ports, 2 x CX4, 2 XFP and one uplink.
I found nothing about using procurve with those vc. There are many docs for connecting to cisco but this does not work.