108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

9.50 Network Config Utility no longer VLAN tagging

SOLVED
Go to solution
Greg Bates
Advisor

9.50 Network Config Utility no longer VLAN tagging

When I upgrade to the NCU 9.50 or greater, my C-Class servers, BL465c G1 & G5's no longer talk over VLAN's.

We have 4 NIC's in each server, 2x NC370i Multifunction Gig Adapters and 2x NC326m PCI Dual Port Gig Adapters.
We use GBE2's as our interconnect switches.

VLAN's work perfectly when I use version 9.35 or less, but when I upgrade to 9.50, 9.60 or 9.65, the NIC's no longer talk over any tagged VLans.

The NIC's that are tagged at the switch level continue to talk, but not the ones tagged via the NCU.

The NIC drivers are completely updated with newest available. This occurs in both Windows 2k3 SP2 and Windows 2k8 in our environment.

I am not a network guy, so I am not aware of the details of the configuration on our switches. I am looking more for any changes between the versions that might a difference.

Any help would be welcome. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Re: 9.50 Network Config Utility no longer VLAN tagging

There is an issue with VLAN tagging that was fixed on NCU 9.50, basically the NCU used to send and receive tagged traffic for the VLAN defined as Native on the NCU, on NCU 9.60 and later, the native VLAN will send and receive untagged trafic only, having said that you need to make sure the native vlan on the NCU and the server is the same when using 9.50 or higher. Can you provide an hpnetsvy ?? From command prompt type: hpnetsvy >filename.txt

rgds
Lmm
Greg Bates
Advisor

Here is the NCU config. Thanks.
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

I├В┬┤m only seeing VLAN 150, is that the final configuration goal? Try this, on that host add a VLAN1 on the NCU and check it as Native the try to ping 10.180.0.1
Greg Bates
Advisor

That makes perfect sense now. It works with the correct native vlan assigned.

Thank you, I would not have figured that on my own.
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Cool you got it.