4810 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Accessing iLo through OnBoard Administrator Service console

Aamir Majeed
Advisor

Accessing iLo through OnBoard Administrator Service console

Hi,
I am currently working on HP C-class Blade System. I want to access the server iLo through OA service console located at back side of the enclosure. OA Service IP is 169.254.1.120 and Server's iLo address is 10.1.6.12
I want to know that would it be accessible as both the IP subnets are different.
If not what can I do to access server iLo through Service console.
4 REPLIES 4
Justin Hannan
Advisor

I think the recommendation is to have the blade iLO's on the same subnet as the onboard administrator. As yours are different you could see about routing your iLO subnet via the OA IP address and see if that gets passed through...
Aamir Majeed
Advisor

Dear Hannan,
As we know that OA service Console IP has always IP of type 169.254.0.1 but normally iLo or NIC IP addresses are not as signed of this series.
Secondly can you explain how does routing will be enabled in OA. I will be very thankfull to you for cooperation.
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

169.254.x.x is usually an IP that is automatically assigned to a device that has not been assigned a DHCP or Static IP address.

In any case, you should be able to do this, as long as both subnets can talk to one another. The Service Console definately needs to be able to read information from the ILO on all blades in order for things to work properly. C-Class enclosures are highly dependant on OA and ILO working together.
Aamir Majeed
Advisor

hi,
I have service console ip 169.254.x.x and server iLo ip 10.1.x.x
Is it possible to internelly route iLo network traffic to service console, so that I can access server iLo through Service Console.