BladeSystem - General
1752794 Members
6001 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Added a blade to an enclosure Server profile not displaying like other blades

Raj Thambimuthu

Added a blade to an enclosure Server profile not displaying like other blades

Hi,
We have a c7000 Blade enclosure with 8 Proliant 465c G5 blades. they are occuping slot 1- 4 and 9 - 12. Added a 465G5 blade in slot 5. The new blade does not displaying the details correctly. It is displaying UUID information under the Blade Information tab. Wheras other blades are not displaying this information. See the attached for different in information it is displaying.All the Blades BIOS are with version A13 11/06/2008 and ILO version 1.70 Dec 2008. Enclosure version is 2.32. VC-Enet is 2.01 and VC-FC Module is with 1.30. Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

Re: Added a blade to an enclosure Server profile not displaying like other blades

Have you rebooted any of the other 8 blades since updating the VC firmware? Perhaps this is new functionality, but it requires a server reboot to gather the Server S/N and UUID info.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Try restarting the OA, and I think the latest OA firmware is 2.41
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Raj,
What exactly do you mean in the Subject, "Server Profile not displaying...". I see that you are running Virtual Connect, however I don't see any reference to "profiles" in the text.

Dave.
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

Dave - look at his screenshot that is attached - that makes it self explanatory.
Raj Thambimuthu

Hi John

Rebooted the other blades in that Chasis. This didn't resolve. One thing I should have mentioned that the operating System installed in the blade was done by our venndor at their configuration site.i.e. on a different chasis.

Jimmy firmware version of the OA we use is 2.32.

Regards
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Looks to me that the existing server profiles are set to use the real server serial numbers - and the new profile created was set to use Virtual Serial Numbers.
Raj Thambimuthu

Adrian

Something I need to check. Initially enclosure was configured to use the real server serial numbers. This was identified and the profiles were recreated for the 8 blades with the settings set to use the virtual serial numbers. Is there anything else need to consider?

Raj
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

Probably should update the OA firmware to 2.41 as well, like Jimmy hinted at.
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

The new blade is showing the logical (or virtual) serial number. Virtual Serial number is a fairly recent feature. If you Created the VC domain before you were running VC firmware that supported Virtual Serial Number(VSN), the older server profiles will not have a VSN. New Servers will have a VSN unless you select not to use Virtual Serial Numbers.

This feature was added to support profile moves for servers with applications that were licensed by serial number. It's likely that you don't need this funcionality on the older profiles.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP