3889 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Advice on the the bracket in the C7000 enclosure

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Advice on the the bracket in the C7000 enclosure

Chye Soon had a chassis blade issue:

Hi I need advice on the specific part no (if any) for an existing C7000 installation that I need to perform some add-on.

Current situation:

There is a C7000 enclosure with some installed blades (mostly integrity blades – full height as well as storage blades SB40c) and only 1 half-height BL460c blade server

Because there are full-height blades, each installed with an attached storage blades, it utilises all the quadrants. It is a fact that in order to install full height blades, the brackets are removed in order to slot in full heights. Each of these full height integrity blades is installed with the SB40c storage blade. The storage blade comes with a special bracket that allows another half-height device, like another blade to install on top of it. This bracket has a special groove that guides the half-height blade into the enclosure.

However, in my situation, there is one specific quadrant is being populated by a full height integrity blade and 1 half-height iss blade at the bottom. Because of the full height integrity blade, the middle piece of divider needs to be removed. The half-height ISS blade is being installed next to the full height blade at the bottom. However, when I want to add another half-height iss blade on top of the existing half-height iss blade, I am unable to do so because the middle bracket is not there, unlike the storage blade which comes with the bracket.

In such a situation, does it mean that the particular slot is “wasted” because of the inexistence of this special bracket? Can I order the bracket specially?

I need this advice on the solution urgently. If it is wasted, then I will have difficulty answering to client because we all preach about the bladesystem is very flexible and this limitation is deemed as a flaw to the enclosure design.

Sunya replied:

In my opinion.  Here is product quote..

“there is one specific quadrant is being populated by a full height integrity blade and 1 half-height iss blade at the bottom.”

This specific quadrant is available only in the top quadrant of C3000 enclosure. C7000 is not allow for mix half height blade with full hight blade server in same quadrant.

C3000 has a flip separator at the top row.  

Vincent also responded:

You cannot have 2 HH servers next to a FH server in the same quadrant, it doesn’t fit. You can only have a storage blade and a HH server on top of it as your customer is already doing.

Any other help for Chye Soon? Suggestions or comments?

1 REPLY 1
cristiang
Visitor

Re: Advice on the the bracket in the C7000 enclosure