1753868 Members
7309 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL 460c G1 How to connect tb drive to blade usb port

RobneosIT

BL 460c G1 How to connect tb drive to blade usb port

Hi,

We have a blade c3000(bl460cG1) and would like to connect a terabyte usb drive to it in order to run a back up to disk.

How do we go about doing this? I know how to mount the dvd drive in order to install software to a server within the blade, so am wondering if it's a similar process?

Thx in advance

Rob
3 REPLIES 3
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi.

Only way i know of to connect a USB drive to a blade server is with the dongle you get with the server. You connect it to the front and then connect the USB to the dongle.

that is more of a temporary solution...
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Rob,

I wouldn't recommend using the virtual media interface to mount this drive as you would need to keep your ilo session open permanently. If I remember correctly there is also a limit to the size of the mounted media.

You can use an SUV cable to connect a USB device to the front of the blade. I think this method is preferable.
namomo
Occasional Contributor

There is an internal USB port that you should use for this purpose. If you need to remove it often, or this is an external drive, there are the dongles P/N 409496-001 that have usb ports that can be constantly up. the downside to the dongle is that it sticks out the front and would leave the usb stick hanging