BladeSystem - General
1753298 Members
7468 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL p-Class Enclosure (iLo Password Forgot)

Jason Miles77
Occasional Contributor

BL p-Class Enclosure (iLo Password Forgot)

ProLiant BL p-Class Server Blade Enclosure, iLO Password Forgot.

I have recently to a new job with a older BL P-Class blade enclosure housing BL20p G1 and G4 Blades. However, there is no known admin password for the management iLo for the Blade Enclosure. Individual Blades are OK, but the chassis or enclosure--no record of password and IT consultancy who installed in no longer around.

Any ideas, please help.
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

The enclosure does not have an iLo type interface. Only the p-class blades have iLo ports which are accessible through the management(ilo) port on the management module.

Chassis information is found by using the iLo of one of the blades.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Jason Miles77
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steven -

I think what I mean then is the
"Management iLO module" of the enclosure.

I am actually OK. All individual Blades I connect to their iLO and have passwords.

Its the management(ilo) port on the management module where I do not have password. I do have IP however, just no password on record.

Any ideas. Cannot just take down all 10 blades either, so must do something remotely via command line or similar.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Jason:

I could be wrong... but I don't remember the management module on a p-class enclosure ever being able to be "browseable". I have 2 of these enclosures in my lab. 1 gen 1 backplane and 1 gen2 backplane. Neither of them are addressable. In fact, the gen 1 does not even have a network port, just 2 uplink/downlinks for other enclosures.

I am guessing you have a p-class enhanced enclosure (gen 2) with an iLo port on the management module... which aggragates all iLo traffic to/from the blades on 1 connection (vs. 8 separate connections on the gen 1 backplane).

The module itself does not have any web interface. It is a passive device that monitors health status for the enclosure that gets reported to all the iLo's on the blades in the enclosure.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Jason Miles77
Occasional Contributor

Thank you sincerely Steve!!!!!! :)