108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL20p G2 * 2 power loss after enclosure move

SOLVED
Go to solution
rossb2
Frequent Advisor

BL20p G2 * 2 power loss after enclosure move

I have two BL20p G2 servers that have lost power afer an enclosure move. They dont work in their original slot, or a new slot.

Out of 6 servers I moved, two failed. Either I was very unlucky with these servers being fairly old, or am I doing something that increases the chance of a blade failure when moving blades between enclosures? Couldnt see anything in the user guide.

Basically, I just took the blade out(after being remotely shut down for around 5 minutes), then slotted it in the next enclosure around 30 seconds to 1 minute later.
4 REPLIES 4
Markku  Luosto
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: BL20p G2 * 2 power loss after enclosure move

Dear Ross,

We have had the same kind of trouble with p-class blades (25p and 35p). HP Support changed the power regulator at the blade motherboard which fixed the problem.

We do not move nor power off p-class blades any more. ;)

-make
grahamswilson
Trusted Contributor

I've had this too - same as Markku - Power Regulators on the motherboard had to be changed... :(
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hi rossb2,
know issue this happens usually when blade is inserted slowly , pull it out re insert it fast, if all is okay fine but if not

, you can hold power button 20 secs see what happens if not power regulator needs changing

Hp are aware of this issue,

this usually needs replacing
305445-001 Voltage regulator board

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

marcus1234
Honored Contributor

rossb2 forgot to mention this know issue as well

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00980912тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=397989