BladeSystem - General
1753848 Members
8491 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL25p G2 and Enclosure issues flooding System Event log

Richard Thieme

BL25p G2 and Enclosure issues flooding System Event log

We recently started getting some errors on approximately 25 BL25p servers that are in 4 linked BL Enclosures. The IML shows the old
Power Enclosure Power Supplies Not Redundant (in Breaker, Enclosure Address FC97) Even though I have applied FW 2.40 to the enclosures and power enclosures, and have the Blades at the latest level.

The major issue is that my server System Event logs are being flooded with this every 1-2 seconds, all day, every day.:
Source: cpqriis
Event ID: 107
Description: Rack Infrastructure : Server Blade Enclosure Rack Unique ID Changed (Enclosure Address D1C5)

Since my System Events are flooded with this, I cannot see any other problems that might occur. Can anyone assist? I cannot find a similar issue posted anywhere.
4 REPLIES 4
johny66

Re: BL25p G2 and Enclosure issues flooding System Event log

Hello ,

i got the same error.
Do you have already some answers on this.

Thanks in advandce

best regards
johny
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

Try downgrading the "HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003" from 1.9.0.0 back to 1.8.0.0.

Solved my cpqriis errors and random blue screens and reboots.
Rick Thieme
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the late reply.. I just was able to check this now. The servers are actually just BL25P's - not G2's and there is no ILO2 in them - just original ILO. The driver for the ILO is 5.42.0.0. Strange thing is I have identical DR servers with all the same settings, firmware, etc.. and not generating the same logs at all..

Any additional help would be appreciated.
Rick Thieme
Occasional Contributor

!!!UPDATE!!!

I contact HP - and went though some troubleshooting. THe issue was a bad connection on one of the management modules. I had the management modules on the back of the 4 linked enclosures reseated, and bam - no more system events..