1748011 Members
4760 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL460 G6 WINPE Flex-10 NIC driver

David Orwig
Regular Advisor

BL460 G6 WINPE Flex-10 NIC driver

Has anyone found the proper NIC driver for use with WINPE??? Trying to update my SCCM boot.wims to no avail. The G5s can be OSD'ed all day long...
6 REPLIES 6
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

Re: BL460 G6 WINPE Flex-10 NIC driver

Q57nd60X
mchpis
Occasional Visitor

David, Was there anything special you did to get the driver to work?

I have a bl460 g6 and added the driver but WinPE failed to load the driver.

Thanks
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

Flex-10 uses a Broadcom NetXtreme II (bnx2x) driver.

There are RIS Installation drivers here:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtremeii10.php

I haven't tested them with WinPE but it might be worth a try.
mchpis
Occasional Visitor

I added the evnd.inf driver from the Broadcom website and still nothing. I see WinPE load the driver but I still do not get an IP.

any other ideas?
mchpis
Occasional Visitor

Little more info.

The system PXE boots using the Intel UNDI driver and loads the WinPE image starts WinPE it then loads the network drivers and trys to get an IP and never does. Both NIC's are on the name subnet as the RDP/PXE server.

When I open Task Manager in WinPE there are no network adapters listed. I just cannot find a driver that will work.
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

mchpis, I completely understand your frustration. It took me a long time to get it to function and then management hired a new person specifically to manage SCCM. I transferred all my knowledge to him nearly a year ago, and don't remember too much. (I need a memory upgrade!) Personally, I still like RDP better.

That said, I believe I was able to peel the above mentioned driver from the RDP winpe image while it was mounted and used it successfully. All the RIS drivers and stuff from Broadcom's site never worked for me. My suggestion would be to get a good working winpe that you could mount or burn to a DVD that will work on a 360 / 380 to remove the complexities of PXE (Although it sounds as if PXE is not the problem at all.)

Also remember that there are two different PXE environments (x86 x64) and they need to both be there because SCCM will pick which ever the machine will support (i.e. 64 bit for 460 G6).

Don't forget to push the newly driver injected image back out to the distibution point. Sometimes I would remove it then push it back out to the DP to make sure there was a fresh copy.

Good luck and if you find something, post your findings on this forum so that others are not left in the lurch. (We got G7s available to us now, that means a whole new batch of drivers!)