1748122 Members
3296 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL460C G1 Install 2nd Mezzanine Card

sprogg2001

BL460C G1 Install 2nd Mezzanine Card

Hello all

I have to install a second mezzanine card in my BL460C Server the server in question already has an HBA Mezz card in Slot 1 my question is will I have to configure any particular port mapping to get the extra NICS on the network? I am completely new to NIC provisioning or port mapping on these bladecenters I do not know where to start? can I use my existing passthrough module? Where do I configure the port mappings? what do I need to find out before proceeding?

5 REPLIES 5
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi.

The portmappings are hardcoded on the blade center so you can't change the mappings. I have attacted a document describing the portmapping for both full height and halfheight servers.

I can also make an example with a BL460c G1 in bay 1 in the enclosure.

If you have a HBA Mezz in mezz slot1 it will go to port 1 in interconnect bay 3 and 4.

If you put a 4 port Nic Mezz in mezz slot2 the first two ports will go to Interconnect bay 5 and 6 port 1
and the other two ports will go to interconnect bay 7 and 8 port 1.

Regards.
//Cederberg
sprogg2001

Would that mean I simply install the Mezz card then patch from whatever interconnect bay it map's to a switch on our network? no other config necessary?
The Brit
Honored Contributor

If you are using passthru's then you will need to be sure to use the appropriate uplink port to your network.

e.g. each NIC port on your Server will be hard-wired to a specific port on the pass- thru module. You need to know which port that is in order to ensure that the correct passthru port is connected to the main network. To check this, login to the OA and click on the server in the "Device Bays" menu. You should see a tab or option called "Port Mapping". This will give you the information you need.

Dave.
sprogg2001

thanks for the advise!
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

Assumption is that you have a ethernet pass through interconnect module in interconnect bays 3/4 (for a C7000 enclosure) Bay 3 (for a C3000)

if you only have a interconnect module in bay 3 then only 1/2 of the ports on that mez card will have a outside connection.