1748239 Members
3783 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BL460c G7 30% Failures

APedersenOSI
Occasional Collector

BL460c G7 30% Failures

Hello, in the past month we have had 3 of our 10 blade servers fail. We have gotten each system board replaced but when we asked about how our C7000 Chassis is possibly killing our servers, we were told it was probably a coincidence. To me, 30% failures is no coincidence and there must be something else wrong with our system, there is no dust, and the servers that die are seeming to have power failures. Any input would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

I am seeing the same issue as well and hp just replaces my motherboard on the blades.

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

I am seeing the same on our c7000 too. Once we power them off we can't power it back on.

Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Hi,

This issue is mainly noticed with SOME ProLiant BL460c G6 server blades configured with Intel-based processors and running a version of the System ROM dated prior to May 2011.

If your system is with the above configuration to prevent the issue BIOS needs to be updated.

If the System ROM cannot immediately be upgraded additional failures can be avoided on other servers by implementing the following workaround:

1. Reboot the server. 
  2. Press F9 when prompted to enter the ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU) menu. 
  3. Select "Power Management Options." 
  4. Select "HP Power Profile." 
  5. Select "Maximum Performance." 
  6. Save and exit RBSU.

IMPORTANT: For any servers on which this workaround is implemented, the workaround should be undone once the System ROM is updated, in order to restore power management capabilities.