BladeSystem - General
1752464 Members
5796 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL460c Major Status Problem in HPSIM??

SOLVED
Go to solution
UselessUser
Frequent Advisor

BL460c Major Status Problem in HPSIM??

Hi,

I have a C3000 chassis filled with 8 BL460c blades.

I am in the process of setting up HPSIM 5.3 and have discovered the blades and the corresponding iLO's.

One of the blades is showing under the iLO section as a major status failure, and under its corresponding server, its showing the same warning (Orange triangle) under the Management Processor section...

However all blades are the same, iLO is at 1.70, and I cannot seem to see any warnings/errors in any event logs both on server, the blade chassis OA, or HPSIM itself...

And I can logon to iLO and view the console and everything...

I have tried reflashing the firmware, rebooting iLO, rebooting the server, removing the server from the chassis and putting it back in, deleting the server and its iLO from HPSIM and rediscovering but still I get this problem..

I tried to log a call with HP but they werent interested... any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Trying connecting via Putty/ssh to the OA.
Then type "reset bay x" where x is the bay no. (Maybe "reset server x" - cant remember at exact moment)

Then do a rediscover in SIM.
UselessUser
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Will this command actually reboot the server itself?

(Its running business critical applications)
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

The RESET SERVER X command will reboot the server. I think instead you should attempt to reboot the iLO processor. You can do this by connecting to the Web Administration link for the server's iLO processor. Click "Diagnostics" on the left and then reboot the processor from that screen. The server itself will not reboot but if you have any open iLO sessions or virtual media attached you will lose it during the cycle.

Are you at the blade server's most recent ROM firmware? (I think this is I15 11/02/2008)

Good luck!
Dmitr
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi.
Try to delete the ILO system event log. May be it contain oldest warning massages.
UselessUser
Frequent Advisor

Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you!!!

The IML log contained a bugcheck from where the machine had bluescreened...

Cleared the log and did a hardware status poll and its a nice green tick!!!

Thank you so much (I thought I was actually going insane)...