1753394 Members
7153 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BL460cG6 Uncorrectable PCI Express Error

CLEB
Valued Contributor

Since setting the PCIE to gen1 mode I've had two reboots since. Going to try and put the components in another Blade.

CLEB
Valued Contributor

Since swapping the blade with another of equal model I have managed to recreate the issue again.

It always blue screens when I push a lot of data through the IO Accelerator, I observed it doing lots of SQL dumps at high transfer rates >=550MB/s with low IOPs. Then as soon as it hit high IOPs >= 18K I lost the server and it rebooted.

gmcisco

We had the same issue with a 3-node Windows 2008 EE R2 x64 bit failover cluster running SQL Server 2008 EE x64 bit with netapp storage  ( using iSCSI ) 

The problem seemed trigger when there was high I/O running over the NIC's assigned to iSCSI traffic ( using MPIO ) and another unknown factor causing the blue screen and ASR. 

We tired the various BIOS fixes from HP to no avail.  We even changed system boards etc. 

The only way we fixed this issue was by removing all Broadcom NIC'S and replacing with Intel's. 

Not had a problem since. The PCI Express bus is Intel and I believe fitting the Intel NICS provided better interoperability.