6686 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BL465c ASR and Reboot

Aissa
Frequent Advisor

BL465c ASR and Reboot

Hi,

Have a BL465c with Suse linux 11 always rebooting,  we already have the mobo changed. Can someone help, you can find the error message attached to this post.

BL465c rebooting

8 REPLIES 8
Aissa
Frequent Advisor

How can i find what is on / mean :

PCI Bus Error (Slot 0, Bus 80, Device 8, Function 0 )

thx

Aissa
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

we finaly replace the DIMM and the probleme is solved !

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

What led you to replace a DIMM, and how did you know which one?

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Aissa
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

We replace all part in this server and we had the same probleme, last chance was the DIMM. We replace the all (4 DIMM) with other server's DIMM and now we are swap them one by one to find witch one is the failed DIMM.

That a chance and a must to have a spare Blade for helping us troubleshoot.

i send a private message the Blade architecure guy and i have NO answer from him !  i he is supposed to help us with HIS product, i don't understand the purpose of this forum if the man itselft no answer you, again about HIS product and desing !!!!

And now we face the same probleme with an other blade, but we now where to look for now.

Thx

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info.

As far as seeking support, you are probably better served by contacting a service provider, HP or otherwise, for support on problems.  This forum is here to help and advise, but you cannot expect an answer for every issue all of the time.

Anyways, glad to hear you resolved your issue.

Thanks again.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Gerardo_Arceri
Advisor

Do you have updated firmware on the server and enclosure ? it could be a firmware problem and even if you replaced these DIMMs it could be hitting you again..

Aissa
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

i upgrade all the firmware(blade, enclosure ) as asked in some advisory, but the probleme is the same. The only thing that resovle the probleme is the change of memory.

Aissa
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

i don't ask for support from him but just some information about the product, here is my question to him may be you can help :

Hi

How can i know or understand the Bus Numbering on the Blades. For exemple : Slot 0 , Bus 72 , Device 16  ??  i  need to know what that mean, i'm daily maintening Blades and HP Storage and that will help me

Thank you

Saying nothing is not the solution ... after all we are selling and supporting Blades with his design