108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL680c and nic ports

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jonathan Paul_1
Occasional Advisor

BL680c and nic ports

I just started working on a c7000 along with an eva 4400 SAN. In the c7000 there are 4 BL680c, with a 4GB FC card in mezz. #1 and mezz#2 has a dual port NIC. Based on what I have read, it should also have 4 built in nic ports (total of 6 ?). When looking at the blade properties in the OA I only show 4 NIC ports , 2 iSCSI and 1 iLO. How many ports should I have 4 or 6? Based on the mappings it looks like 2 of the built in are mapped to iSCSI ? Please help me clarify.
4 REPLIES 4
Vincent Berger
HPE Pro
Solution

You should have 6 NIC ports. Can you post the output of the OA CLI command "show server info n" with n the slot number of one of the blades in question ?
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Jonathan,

On the Blade "Information" tab, scroll down below the "NIC" information to the "Mezzanine" card information. It should show the additional NIC ports there.

MEZZ 1 should show your (QLogic) HBA with 2 ports, and MEZZ 2 should show your Ethernet card with 2 ports.

Dave
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

You should have 4 physical NICs.
The first two onboard NICs will have two Mac Addresses on each NIC, one for normal network traffic and one for iSCSI traffic.
The 2 port expansion card may have 2 or 4 MAC addresses - depending on if it is an iSCSI expansion card or not.
Jonathan Paul_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the help, it looks like I have six, I was just not reading the page correctly.