108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL685c Backplane Connections

SOLVED
Go to solution
knolen
Occasional Contributor

BL685c Backplane Connections

We are currently trying to find out whether or not the full height c-class blades have a single or dual power connection to the back plane. IBM touts their dual power connections as an advantage over the HP blades, and we just want to know if this holds true across all the c-class blades, or just the half-height ones.
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Full height c-class blades have 2 connector to the backplane, half-height blades have only one. I fail to see what's that big issue with the power connectors. C-class blades have great advantages in cooling, maximum CPU power, maximum RAM and maximum connectivity possible.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Yes this is True across the all the C-class blades, you don't have the redundent Back plane in C-class blades.

However note since the Full height blades have 2 connectors, if one fails there are only chances of IO intereption, unless it is the power connector.
knolen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I too fail to see where the redundant power connections are an issue, but IBM keeps bringing it up and I just wanted to know if it held true across all the c-class models.