6314 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blade Enclosure sending out Alertmails - Enclosure Status: Degraded

takdir
Occasional Contributor

Blade Enclosure sending out Alertmails - Enclosure Status: Degraded

EVENT (26 May 18:11): Enclosure Status has changed to: Degraded

Enclosure, "hsvenc1", has changed from status OK to Degraded.

This could be caused by a failed component such as the midplane assembly, fan, or power supply. Please check the following locations to determine what may have failed: power supply LEDs, fan LEDs, and switch module health LEDs. If a redundant Onboard Administrator is present, ensure that their firmware versions are the same. Check the Health Summary screen on the LCD and the Onboard Administrator user interface for any error indications.

You may receive other alerts regarding the specific nature of the failure in addition to this one.

Onboard Administrator URL:

THE VERY NEXT MINUTE

EVENT (26 May 18:12): Enclosure Status has changed to: OK

Enclosure, "hsvenc1", has changed from status Degraded to OK.

Onboard Administrator URL:

It is on Blade C7000, OA 3.11, with 8 Half high Blades 460c G6, two has iLO 2.05 and six has iLO 1.82

First couple of days it send alerts every four hrs, after that once every day in the evening.
5 REPLIES 5
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Blade Enclosure sending out Alertmails - Enclosure Status: Degraded

Hi,

I also got at regular times these kind of mails. Never found the real reason. And didn't have the time to create a case at HP since it wasn't critical...
I found a workaround however... If you do a failover from the active to the standby OA module, the mails stopped being send for several weeks/months...
I hadthis with FW 2.60...
Now I upgraded to 3.30 and untill now I never got the mails back...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
JD-WFH
Advisor

I've had it too. It has cleared up for me after an OA reboot. HP recommends you reboot your OA's every 60 days. Referenced here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01677205&dimid=1037608762&dicid=alr_jan11&jumpid=em_alerts/us/jan11/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category/alerts
NickDGodwin

We also receive these notifications and recently have been receiving batches of them.

Can you advise whether a reboot of the OA is disruptive and how this is achieved?

(I assume that this is not disruptive due to the standby unit)?

Thanks - Nick.
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Rebooting the OA has no impact on the blades or so... You will only notice that the fans will go to 100% and then go back to the original speed...

You can reset the OA by clicking on the OA in the tree menu, choose the tab Virtual Buttons and then click Reset...

Kind regards,
Bart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
NickDGodwin

Thanks Bart, we will try the reset and revert with the result.

Thanks - Nick Godwin