1751832 Members
5552 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade mezzanine card mapping

Tommy Ahn

Blade mezzanine card mapping

Hi I'm using BL460CG6 + C7000.
I have plan to add mezzanine NIC to several servers.
In this case, can I use existing swiches? (Cisco-3120x)
According to mezzanine port mapping guide, embeded NIC map to Interconnector slot 1,2.
and M1 map to slot 3,4, M2 map to slot 5,6.
If then,should I prepare additional switch on interconnet bay3 for mezzanine NIC?
4 REPLIES 4
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi!

if you want additional Nics through switches you need to place switches in interconnect bay 3,4 or 5,6.

Usualy the best thing is to use interconnect bay 3,4 (MEZ1) for Fiberchannel and interconnect bay 5,6 (MEZ2) for nics

with half-height servers you can only get 2 additional nics per interconnect bay. If you put a quad nic in mez2 there will be 1 nic each in interconnect bays 5,6,7 and 8.
Tommy Ahn

Thank you for reply.
The actual problem is that, i have plan that using blade servers with mezzanine nic and original (with embeded nic) servers at the same network.
if those two type of servers can be used by single switch, it will be good but if not, I may should use another switch. is that right?
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

If you want to use NIC 3 & 4 then you will need to add additional switch or network pass-thrus.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Tommy,

Here is a map that may help:
"http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12524_div/12524_div.HTML#Standard Features (HP BladeSystem c-Class Interconnect Components)"

good luck!