1752866 Members
3523 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade Servers in WebHosting Business

tamnse

Blade Servers in WebHosting Business

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am interested in using HP Blade Systems for webhosting business.

I need information and guide regarding this topic.

Waiting your reply.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

you can start from here and browse through available documents
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/81454-0-0-0-121.aspx?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Web+Hosting+With+Blade+Servers&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Call your reseller group they should have cost-effective formula based on your needs.
Take in count aspects like: power, cooling, density, feature expansion ├в ┬ж

tamnse

Thank you for your reply.

I am mostly interested in the software and hardware compatibility.

I am thinking on installing freebsd. From what ive seen redhat listed in the manuals and brochures. Do the blade systems support freebsd.

Also i am looking for a help for planning my expandable/secure/reliable hosting business plan by using blades.

I dont think my local representatives can help me on blades because its somewhat a new technology and its impossible to get a reply from my local rep!
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

I believe FreeBSD is not supported OS by HP through normal channel; you need to have Contractual agreement to support OS and this would depend from ProLiant model, although you still entitled for hardware support. Had you done with any research for specific blade models?
tamnse

Well, the problem is, its really hard to find information about compatibility issues.

As i am considering web hosting business, my route would be on *nix/bsd systems.

I may use debian, ubuntu and centos though.

What i want is a help on hardware part.
I want to use blade servers.
Detailed help about the parts to be included in package and configuration would be great. I used configuration tool, read several articles and i decided that blade servers is the solution that im looking for. But its a little complex technology and have to planned carefully.

Thanks