1751974 Members
5095 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blades not linked up to enclosure in SIM

Wim Panhorst
Advisor

Blades not linked up to enclosure in SIM

I have a BL enclosure G2 with BL20p G4 blades in the first 7 slots. The enclosure has FW revision 2.3 and HW revision 5. The blades have iLO firmware revision 1.26. All iLOs have static IP addresses. All blades have Windows 2003 R2. All blades are networked.

In the 7th blade I have installed SIM 5.1. In the GUI of SIM, all iLOs and all server blades are discovered. But only the 7th blade is recognized as a blade in the BL enclosure. When I open a browser to the iLOs of blades 1-6, which in SIM are not linked up to the enclosure, and click on the tab for BL p-class, the following message is displayed: тАЬThis feature is not supported in this enclosureтАЭ. Only in the iLO interface for the 7th blade does this tab give me the rack view. So I guess that the missing blade system info in SIM has something to do with the message I get in the iLO websites for blades 1-6. Does anyone know how I get the right rack view displayed?
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

can you test one server at time ?
Java ?
reseat Management Module ...
pull CIM server out ...

that should not make big difference, however, in case if some corruptions update enclosure to 2.33
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26693.html

you have another enclosure ?
Wim Panhorst
Advisor

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the things you suggested. After an upgrade of the enclosure FW things became worse. It failed, and triggered the message: "Unable to enumerate rack components. Check all cables and connections." I think it is time for a service call to HP.

Regards, Wim
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

call services, meanwhile swap Management Module from another enclosure, that will save time in case you run in other problems (signal bkpln), I hope it's only management module trick you ..
pull all cables that should eliminate if any problem with M.Module below or above, reseat M.M. if necessary once more