4811 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C-3000 Blade DVD, Blade Tape Drive

Tavrez_1
Occasional Advisor

C-3000 Blade DVD, Blade Tape Drive

Hi,
1. My C-3000 Blade Server doesnt see the DVD drive for some reason Firmware are all up to date.
Anyone could can assist please.Is there other way to install OS through network Drive.

2. I have a Blade Tape Drive on bay 6 all half height Server on top of blade on bay 5.System doesnt find the Tape Drive Ultrium 448 and its a red light.
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: C-3000 Blade DVD, Blade Tape Drive

You must attach the DVD drive to a server before using it. You can do it through Onboard Administrator or the Insight Display. Check in the Insight display that the bay where the server is has the DVD attached (marked with a green circle, and the Word "Dettach" next to it)

To install the OS you can also use the ILO2 virtual CD-ROM.

The installation of the Ultrium 448 blade is correct, but be sure to power off the server before installing it, it's not hot-plug.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

1. The issue with the DVD drive has been discussed elsewhere in the forums. Method(s) to connect / disconnect the DVD drive are at:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1166667

You can use the iLO virtual media to install operating system by using the optical drive of your computer.

2. For the tape drive to work properly. Power off the partner blade. Remove the tape drive. Reseat the partner blade. Install the tape drive. Switch on the partner blade. The tape drive should switch on & initialize. If all goes well, the LED will turn green.
Tavrez_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot attach from OA and Insight Display since the bay is blank even though the drive is attached. Its marked with black circle. I cannot attach it to any blade servers. I have rebooted the enclosure and firmware are all up to date. The dvd does have power to it. Suspect Hardware issue

Ok as per the blade, one of of tech guy installed it while the blade on bay 5 was turned on which im not to sure since fault was escalated to me. Is there is effects?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You can check the DVD status on the Insight Display. Between front and rear view, there's a rectangle that indicates the DVD status. You should be able to attach it to any blade, call HP for a technician to bring a new DVD and DVD cage and try.

Regarding the Ultrium 448 blade, it's connected though a SAS controller, which connects to the blade motherboard though the backplane, but it's not hot-plug. Try to power cycle the blade and see if when it boots, you see a message of the LSI Logic controller.
Tavrez_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Apology i was not in the country.
The DVD drive started to work which was left for a while and the Tape Drive i had replaced the whole blade without Tape Drive.
Appreciate the support you have been providing.