New Discussion юеВ

c-3000 KVM and integrated DVD.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Enrique_18
Occasional Advisor

c-3000 KVM and integrated DVD.

Hello:
I have a c-3000 enclosure with integrated DVD and KVM module. I can not connect DVD from KVM menu, DVD icon is "!". Insight Display shows me: "Status: The front USB is disabled and the rear USB is enabled. Either the front USB or the rear USB may be enabled." Help screen: "Either the front or rear USB controller may be enabled at one time. Disabling the front USB controller will disable the front USB port and internal DVD drive. Disabling the rear USB controller will disable the KVM module and two rear USB Ports"
The question is: Can coexist internal DVD and KVM module at one time with full functionality? Onboard User Guide 8 edition says yes (August 2008, pag. 38)
Onboard Fiwmare Revision: 2.25
Onboard Hardware Revision: B0
Onboard Part number: 448589-B21
Can i manage internal DVD from KVM menu?
3 REPLIES 3
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: c-3000 KVM and integrated DVD.

YOu can't use KVM and Integrated DVD at same time since you have Onboard Hardware Revision: B0.

SET OA USB [FRONT | BACK]: A small number of c3000 Onboard Administrator boards can use only one USB controller at time. This command allows you to select which USB controller to enable. The FRONT controller enables the internal DVD drive and the front USB connector. The BACK controller enables the two USB ports on the rear KVM Option Module. This command has no effect on c3000 OA boards that are hardware revision level 'C0' and later as displayed with SHOW OA INFO.

You can use KVM and Integrated DVD at same time only if hardware version is C0 or later.
Enrique_18
Occasional Advisor

Raqhuarch: Thanks very much for your answer
Enrique_18
Occasional Advisor

Raqhuarch answer: i need hardware revision C0 or later for the Onboard Administrator