New Discussion юеВ

Re: C-7000 ilo3 login problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eor
Advisor

C-7000 ilo3 login problem

Hello,
I have a BL680c in a C-7000 enclosure. The server comes up "degraded" but OK/Yellow in the health page on the little lcd screen on the front. The SUV cable has no signal/power on the USB or SVGA plugs. The SAS hard drives are compatible with the blade, but blank/unpartitioned and dont seem to be recognized. LINUX RHE doesnt want to install when the server boots w/disc drive plugged into the OA module USB.

To figure this all out, an ilo3 remote console session seemed to be the thing, but Ilo will not log on with the user name (Administrator) and password (8 digit CAPs and numbers) on the sticker on the bottom of the OA module. "Verify login credentials" it says. Using Ilo mobile I get back "device might not support strong TLS handshake" or something like that. I'm using the ipv4 addresses for the enclosure and blade given by the "enclosure settings" page on the little display screen. These addresses do ping, tracert etc. w/o problem going from my laptop, through a linksys router, and into the OA/ilo ethernet port on the OA module.

How do I get the "real" login name and password for the enclosure? Does it just mean pw and username as credentials or is there some administrative inference there?

I would like to get this thing working here one of these weeks

Any help appreciated!
13 REPLIES 13
soupic
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Probably someone changed the Administrator password so this is not taking the tag password.  you can use any of the below step to reset Administrator password.

Please set to factory default to reset the configuration including iLO configuration to factory default.   they try login th iLO using 'Administrator' user using tag password.

or

You can use security override switch to bybass the iLO password

1.      Reboot the server and press F8 during POST for the iLO RBSU

2.      Open the server and turn on the Security Override Switch (itтАЩs location will be on the hood label).  

a.      Login via web browser

b.      Create new user or edit existing password

c.      Open the server and turn off the Security Override Switch

Regards,

Soumen

Eor
Advisor

I'll do as you say. I believe I've done this previously, but have tried so many permutations....who knows.

I should clarify though, that without the SUV cable, I have nothing to press F8 with, no monitor to see results on. The tiny screen on the front shows, I assume, output from one of the OA type things like iLO RBSU, but never having seen them on a normal screen, I'd be guessing. There is one screen where a PIN can be entered for something, but I've left blank, assuming that would leave open any functionality associated with the PIN. There is nowhere else that seems to allow for resetting pws or turning on SUV cables or diagnosing HD problems.
soupic
Occasional Advisor

if you on the the security override switch it should override the iLO security.  so you can login iLO via browser with administrator right.  and once you are in iLO you can change your iLO user password.  

Then logout from iLO.  set the security override switch off and access iLO with the new password. 

this way you can recover iLO Administrator password and overcome iLO login problem.

if i am not wrong switch 1 of maintenance switch  should be iLO override switch.  

Eor
Advisor

So my question was going to be "if you don't turn on 5 and 6 with 1, can you continue on past where it says "maintenance switch detected in on position, please turn off and reboot."

See, in a rash moment I set all ten switches to on and turned it back on. This caused all the leds on the front panel to come on solid, I think the HDs to flicker for the first time, and caused the SUV cable and display to work for the first time ever(previously there was only the little 2"x3" lcd on the container) Of course all on had configuration lock and reset on at the same time...and maybe wasnt that wise, but eliminated the cable and peripherals as the problem Id like to get there without it telling me to reboot.....Maybe just 1 on will work....Ill see
Eor
Advisor

So I've reboot ed with only maintenance switch1 on. Unexpected. The SUV cable and display did not come on as it had with all ten s witches on. Still one health led flashing. With allten on all front panel leds lit. I did log onto ilo with the blade address, which pulled up enclosure info, but the menus only pulled up info about directories etc. from the laptop I was remote consling with. No equivalent of startup screens...places to reset passwords....nothing. Still objected to login credentials with the container ipv4 address.
Any ideas
Eor
Advisor

I should clarify: when attempting to login to the container ipv4 address, with or without name and password, and MS 1 on, I get back something something "(404) not found". The ethernet cable is plugged into this OA/Ilo module in the container. Even so, the Ipv4 address for the BL680c G7 in the container DOES login to Ilo, which pulls up something like "host server unnamed ; [ILO;Ilo;ilo] OA-002481A41B7D".....the last being the DNS name of the c7000 container, which at the beginning seemed to come up unnamed? This is all along the very top ribbon of the ilo window on my laptop. No where else is either blade or container accessible.....that I can find. The power switch pull- down menu "momentary press" option causes a blue led, just above the amber health led to flash alternately amber blue amber blue, but doesnt power off anything.

Help?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Can you login to the Onboard Administrator (OA)?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Eor
Advisor

I don't think so. I log into ilo using the blade ipv4 address. The container ipv4 address gets a 404 not found error. Once logged into ilo with the blade address, there is a black screen with a momentary press power option, a virtual drives pull down that wants to know if I want to mount something, a keyboard pull down, and thats it.

The only time I saw something that seemed like an OA was on the actual display, when I turned on all ten switches, and the SUV cable worked briefly
Eor
Advisor
Solution

System maintenance switches 1,3, and 5 turn on the blade and suv cable, and get you into all the start up and configuration screens. Dont know why but there it is....

Thanks