BladeSystem - General
1752574 Members
4561 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: c3000 & GbE2c VMware configuration question

Fred branham_1

c3000 & GbE2c VMware configuration question

I've got a c3000 configured with a single BL460 blade paired with a single SB40c along with VMware vsphere. For interconnects I have two HP GbE2c switches in bays 1 and 3. Im looking to install 6 servers in vmware that need access to 3 different vlans (networks). I have three 1gb ethernet connections for these that will plug into three physical GbE2c ports. At a high level, can someone point me in the right direction as to what I might have to do to configure this type of setup? Many thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Diego Salim de Oliveira
Valued Contributor

Re: c3000 & GbE2c VMware configuration question

Hi Fred!

Let me see if I understood.

You have 06 empty bays in your c3000, where you want to place 06 BL460c.
You have GbE2c switches in interconnects bay 1 and 3 of the c3000 enclosure.

You will need 03 physical ports in each server to attend the configuration needs for your VMware environment, right?

The BL460c have 02 NIC ports embedded, that are physically connected to port N and N+1 of the GbE2c switch in the interconnect bay 1. (N equal your server bay, i.e, a BL460c in bay 1 will have the embedded NIC ports connected to ports 1 and 9 of the GbE switch on interconnect bay 1).

You just need to have a dual port ethernet mezzanine in the BL460c mezzanine 2.
This NIC card will have 2 ports, that will be connected to ports N and N+1 of the GbE2c switch in the interconnect bay 3.