BladeSystem - General
1748198 Members
2631 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C3000 Power Supply Error.. With P/S Green LED State..

markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

C3000 Power Supply Error.. With P/S Green LED State..

Dear guys,

recently i'm facing this situation..

on my C3000 Enclosure, i had 5 (five) BL460 with full 6 (six) power supply populated..

this morning.. on my Insight Display panel.. show up.. a notification.. tell that.. there's Error in

"Health Summary" --> "1 Device" --> "Failed Device: Pwr Supply Bay 6"..

see my attachtment for details..

Also, in my OA management.. i can see that.. the "Power System" section.. show an error on "Power Supply 6" --> "Degraded Status" --> "Critical Error" on power supply 6..

Also, on OA "syslog" it tell.. that.. the power supply 6 is "Failed" and Enclosure status are being "Degraded"..

"Jun 2 02:14:15 OA: PS Status Changed: Bay #6 From: ok To: failed
Jun 2 02:14:15 OA: Enclosure Status changed from OK to Degraded."

OK, at this point.. i can see that.. Power Supply 6 are Failed and need to replaced..

FYI,

"when i checked physically into the back of the enclosure.. i found that.. LED indicator on Power Supply 6 are at "Green" states.. which is.. normal.. ist'nt??

My Action are :

i already unplug the Power supply 6 for a couple of minutes.. and then re-plug it again.. and it's still the same states.. "Green LED" with "Failed Error" on Insight Display"..

My question is :

"How can i resolved this issue guys?? is it anything to do with the Firmware (both OA or Enclosure?) , rebooted the Enclosure.. or what??

FYI :
the system/server are in LIVE and production state..
my Insight Display Firmware are : 2.2.2
my OA Firmware are : 2.32

Need Help Please..

tks in advanced..

best regards,

mfuadie@yahoo.com
www.markumfuadi.co.cc
5 REPLIES 5
TConn
Regular Advisor

Does this apply to you?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01519680
Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it.
markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

Mine is C3000 Enclosure..

This issue does not affect the power supplies in the c3000 Enclosure!!!

www.markumfuadi.co.cc
Rob_69_1
Frequent Advisor

I don't know how much this can be useful, but on my C3000 enclosure with the newest OA firmware (2.50) at least once a day I receive a "lost redundancy" warning related to a particular power supply. After a minute or so, the status goes back to "redundancy OK". And, apparently, the power supply itself is VERY ok. It's very annoying to get those warnings, though.

Cheers.
markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

Dear Rob,

soo.. do you means, by upgrading OA firmware to the latest at 2.50 are ot gonna solved this issue or what??

www.markumfuadi.co.cc
Rob_69_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Markum,

no... Unfortunately, upgrading the firmware did not solve the situation. I had these warnung emails about power before, with firmware 2.31 if I'm not wrong... Then I saw that firmware 2.50 had more features regarding power management, so I decided to upgrade. But:

- I still have the emails from the power supply "failure"
- Despite I upgraded ILO2 too, I wasn't able to upgrade the Power Management firmware correctly (I now have different versions of it on the 2 blades, even if the docs say that upgrading ILO2, also power management FW would go up to 3.3)

So, upgrading the Firmware didnt solve my problem. But maybe in your case it could end up in a different way, I don't know.

If you try, beware to upgrade BIOS ROMs on your blades first, then ILO2, power cycle the blades, and FINALLY upgrade the OA firmware.

Good luck! :-)