7609 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

C7000 Airflow Requirements

mlicitra
Collector

C7000 Airflow Requirements

Hi all,

I am planning for the deployment of new equipment and would like to get some metrics associated with airflow requirements for a C7000 chassis. I am hoping to be able to use a volumetric airflow in order to help with my cabinet and airflow delivery requirements for the new space. I understand there are a variety of input variables which influence the airflow required by the chassis. In order to simplify the initial discussion can anyone help provide airflow metrics for a C7000 chassis using the following information?

• Fully populated chassis with 16 BL460c Gen9 half height blades, 2xE5-2680v3 cpus
  • 6x2400W platinum power supplies
  • 6xActive Cool 200 Fans
  • Inlet air temperature is at max ASHRAE TC9.9 recommended range - 80.6ºF (27ºC)
  • Chassis utilization is approx 75% - 5000W

Please let me know if there is any other information that would be required. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
ML

P.S. This thread has been moved from Planning to HP BladeSystem Chassis, Power & Cooling. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
mich_a
Occasional Advisor

Re: C7000 Airflow Requirements

Dear Mlicitra,

You might find useful the below documentation which includes information regarding, environmental requirements, site preparation etc.:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01038153.pdf

Regards

I'm an HP employee
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!