New Discussion

Re: C7000 & Virtual Connect licensing

SOLVED
Go to solution
JasonD
Advisor

C7000 & Virtual Connect licensing

Hello all,

Looking to pick up a second-hand C7000 and purchase Virtual Connect modules (both FC & Ethernet) seperately (also second-hand).    I also saw notes (below in red) in the C7000 quickspecs ... so my question is - are there any licening gotchas that I should be aware of?  Can I drop VC modules from another chassic into my second-hand C7000 and expect them to work?

Thanks,

Jason

455880-B21 HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 Ethernet Module with Enterprise Manager License
NOTE: Includes 2 x HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet modules plus 1 x VCEM BL-c7000 enclosure license. Customer will receive a printed license entitlement certificate and 2 Virtual Connect modules as a single deliverable. The license entitlement certificate must be redeemed online or via fax to obtain the VCEM license activation key

591973-B21 HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10/24 Enterprise Edition BLc7000 Option
NOTE: Includes 2 x HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port modules plus 1 x VCEM BL-c7000 enclosure license. Customer will receive a printed license entitlement certificate and 2 Virtual Connect modules as a single deliverable. The license entitlement certificate must be redeemed online or via fax to obtain the VCEM license activation key.

2 REPLIES 2
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Don't worry about licensing. You will be able to use the modules without problems.

The only moment you will need the license is when you want to use the Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager VCEM. And this is only in larger environments with more than 4 enclosures...

For a single or dual enclosure setup you will not be asked for a license...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
JasonD
Advisor

Bart,

Thanks (or should that be kudos?) for the quick reply.   Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason