108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C7000 Degrade alerts

SOLVED
Go to solution
City_Blue
Super Advisor

C7000 Degrade alerts

we have been geting alert e-mails to say we have lost redundancy on our c7000, but straight after the e-mail we get another to say it is ok.

we have managed to be loged in to the OA at the time of the alerts, however we can only see a warning triangle and a message that say's degraded. we can not see or find what is failing.

we have recently changed all the Power supplies as per the HP advisory, but we are still geting the alerts.

has any one else had somthing simaler?

cheers
11 REPLIES 11
GORDITO
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: C7000 Degrade alerts

Yes, We've had the same problem last week after HP replaced the power supplies in one of our C7000 chassis. You need to check the power sub system.

HP had to replace the OA sleeve and reseat all of the power supplies in our enclosure.
City_Blue
Super Advisor

thanks for this, will chase HP over the issue
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Check this Customer Advisory

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01519680

and also

HP PCC c7000 Power Supply Replacement Program

https://h30090.www3.hp.com/pcc%2DCPS/
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
City_Blue
Super Advisor

thanks JIm

but i said in my opening post we have replaced all the units under this programe
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Sorry, just quickly glanced at your post.

Does the OA syslog say anything?
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
City_Blue
Super Advisor

no the log's only show genral activity, we can see some power errors, but we know these are caused by us as they are at the times we tested them, re seating and so on.

very strange
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Do any of your blade servers show excessive power consumption? I had similar situation a few weeks ago, all 6 PS showing they were distributing power, rather than 2 engaged and 4 in Dynamic Power Saving mode. I had 1 BL460c reporting to OA it was using over 43000W of power, triggering the power event.

I had to perform some BIOS/ILO upgrades tp the blade server itself in order for the chassis to revert to a normal state.

Neal
Scarf And Tea

we have this problem too. I verified the power supplies and though some of our enclosures have bad PS units, some are OK and have that same mass mailling problem. At this point, I think segregating the OA and ilos from the production network as per http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1243522322162+28353475&threadId=1232146 might be our best shot at resolving the issue. According to HP, the alert mails are caused by loss of communication between the OAs, and these losses could be caused bu the production traffic.

Just my 2 cents...
let me know if it helps.

Scarf

Scarf And Tea

Also, we were told by HP that this might have been caused by our power redundancy mode set to N+N so we have changed the settings of one of our enclosures to N+1 and still get spammed...

The behaviour is as follows :

We receive an email stating that the enclosure is degraded.

Thu 5/28/2009 10:41 AM
HP AlertMail-214: (WARNING MINOR) Enclosure Status: Degraded

one minute later we receive an email stating that the enclosure status is now back to OK.

Thu 5/28/2009 10:42 AM
HP AlertMail-215: (NORMAL) Enclosure Status: OK

Then, later we receive another alert stating that the enclosure is degraded and so on ...

Thu 5/28/2009 10:46 AM
HP AlertMail-216: (WARNING MINOR) Enclosure Status: Degraded

Please note that if we reboot the Onboard Administrators, the issue disapears for about 35 days after which it reappears a couple of time per day at first and worsens up to the point where we receive 2 emails every 5 minutes...