1753781 Members
7318 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: c7000 enclosure DVD question.

The Brit
Honored Contributor

c7000 enclosure DVD question.

In my c7000, logged in to the OA, I am unable to connect my enclosure DVD. In the box along side it says;

"SSH is disabled on this blade's ILO processor"

How do handle this? Specifically, I guess I have to enable SSH, so what commands do I need to execute?

thanks

Dave.
7 REPLIES 7
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

There are SSH settings in the iLO 2 interface, click Administration>Security>

See also the ILO user guide.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Dave,

for which model of blade do you see this ?

- Proliant blade or
- Integrity blade

have a look here if it's on Integrity blades :

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1190640

HTH

Kris
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Kris,
Thanks for your response. I have read through the thread several times, however this doesn't seem to apply in my case. As you can see from the attachment, the Gateway appears to be correctly defined when viewed either from the GUI or the CM command line.

Some additional information about the situation. First of all OA F?W is 2.25, and iLO2 is 3.06.
I had no problem originally connecting the DVD to the OA, or connecting it to the blades. All 4 blades originally had connection to the enclosure DVD.

Then----

Yesterday, as part of our hardware certification, (to test our profile),

1. I pulled Blade 4 (Blade is an openVMS node). The blade was shutdown, but still powered on at the time.
2. I pulled Blade 2 (Spare Blade), and placed it in Bay 4.
3. I then booted Bay 4. This boot was successful in that it powered up, showed the correct boot options, and came up as the VMS node without any problems.
4. The old Blade 4 was then placed in Bay 2, as the spare.

As I said, the boot was successful, no issues there. The only issue now is that the DVD drive will not connect to either Bay 2 or Bay 4, and gives the "SSH is not enabled on this iLO".

I have not yet resorted to cycling the OA, as I want to find out if there is a less hands-on solution to this, as it may occur in other situations which require a remote resolution.

(At the moment, I am not comfortable with cycling the OA's using the "active to standby" options.)

anyway, any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Dave.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

"(At the moment, I am not comfortable with cycling the OA's using the "active to standby" options.)
"

What aspect of the cycling are you not comfortable with?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
The Brit
Honored Contributor

The last time I tried failing over using the "Active to Standby" option, under the enclosure settings, it blew away all of my IP addressing.

Cycling the OA's by physically "pulling" them, i.e first, active (Left) forcing failover to secondary, followed by pulling Right, forcing failover back to Left. This works without a problem, however I am not comfortable with using the "Active to Standby: option in the Enclosure Settings.

Dave.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

The move you do is all the Active to Standby does..... without the OA pulling.

Failing over to a different firmware version OA is what may have caused your config failure.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

I'm sure you're right! however it happened to me.

In any case, it is nothing to do with this post. I am trying to find out how to recover my DVD without having to resort to cycling my OA's, (even assuming that that would do it.

Dave,