108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: c7000 enclosure SAN connectivity

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

c7000 enclosure SAN connectivity

Hi i have a C7000 enclosure, i am still confused about the SAN connectivity. I have two brocade SAN 4/12 SAN switch. Can any one tell how SAN mapping is done in this situation. How many cables do i need to connect to both switches for Fiber Connectivity of all the servers.Note all servers are with two Internal Mezzanine card for FCHBA installed.
3 REPLIES 3
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

So...

You have two SAN switches in the blade enclosure? And every blade has two FC HBAs installed ?

1. You can't use the another FC HBA because You have only two switches
2. You have 4/12 licence on Brocade blade switches, so max 11 blades and 1 uplink per switch is available for SAN connectivity (or 1-4 uplinks and 8-11 blades).
3. If You have the SAN switches in interconnect bays 3 and 4, You get connection to Your mez1 HBAs
4. It depends on your applications how much uplink bandwith is needed but single 4Gb uplink will get You far.

Here is a nice document for SAN connectivity in c-class blades

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01096654/c01096654.pdf
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Hi thanks for your answer..... can you please answer me one more thing that in a P class enclosure there are 4 RJ45 connectors for each blade server.

Please see the enclosed image if we are using enclosure wiht enhanced backplane component(this means that only ILO NIC) can now b used as Data NIC. so question is which one is NIC1, NIC2, NIC3, and NIC4. Suppose we insert ethernet cable into B2 slot which NIC of the server will be turned on.

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Yep, thats one way to be sure. A1 seems to be NIC1
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi