1753555 Members
5291 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: c7000 Enclosures Generating Sporadic DEGRADED alerts

Derek Balling
Advisor

c7000 Enclosures Generating Sporadic DEGRADED alerts

On one of our blade enclosures, we have - twice now - received AlertMail messages that said nothing more specific than "Has moved from OK to DEGRADED" (and then a minute later, one saying it moved from DEGRADED to OK).

None of the logs that I can find (the OA System Log) show any sort of issue. Power consumption is all well within norms, so it wouldn't appear to be a power-drop issue or anything like that.

Both the primary and standby OA are running 2.60, which appears to be the most current OA firmware available on the HP site.

Anyone seen anything like this? I haven't even really got something to point a support tech at other than the really vague "degraded" thing, and I'm afraid this would turn into a black-hole time-sink of "try this, try that, replace this part, power cycle that part" etc.
3 REPLIES 3
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi Derek,

If you are using Virtual Connect, then check the VCM Logs. Changes made within VC can lead to transient "Degraded" states.

Dave.
Derek Balling
Advisor

Yeah, we're not using any Virtual Connect stuff, so that can't / shouldn't be it. :-(
Calvin Staples
Frequent Advisor

Check the firmware compatibility lists. Make sure the VC and blades are at compatible versions. Hope this helps but is only a shot in the dark.