1752798 Members
6044 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: C7000 issue with HP 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-thru Module

susiri
Occasional Advisor

C7000 issue with HP 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-thru Module

We have C7000 Enclosure which connect through redundant 4GB Fiber Channel Modules, upper layer bays ( Eg : 1 ,2,3,4 ) can see the fiber connectivity but lower layer bays ( Eg : 8,9,10) cant see the fiber connectivity.

We have connected fiber connection visible upper layer (Blade C640c G1) to down layer bay, it won’t show the fiber connectivity on that bay. But we can see the fiber connectivity once we swap the down bay blade server to upper layer.

It seams mid planner issue to me, appreciate community help to sort the issue.

6 REPLIES 6
Sirajul haque
Frequent Advisor

Please send the Enclosure showall report of enclosure and please attach it :)

We can have a look at it :)

Though I work for HP, I do not represent HP here :)
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Yeup, it'd be interesting to see where the pass-thru modules are installed (which interconnect bays) and how the portmapping is done.
susiri
Occasional Advisor

As you request please find the attach Enclosure showall report .

susiri
Occasional Advisor

As you request please find the attach Enclosure showall report . Hope logs will help you to figure out the issue. 

Sirajul haque
Frequent Advisor

Sorry for taking time..

As per my analysis:

HP ProLiant BL460c G1 server is populated in Bay 7,9, 11 and 12 (these are the servers which is experiencing issues, right?)

Servers at Bay Number 7,9, 11 and 12 is installed with QLogic QMH2462 4Gb FC in Mezanine slot 1.

NC326m Dual Port 1Gb is installed in Mezanine slot 2 of servers installed in bay number 7,11 and 12 (Could not find NC326m installed for server which is populated in bay 9)

HP 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-thru is installed on Interconnect 3 and 4 port and GbE2c Layer 2/3 Ethernet Blade Swicth is installed in 5,6 interconnect ports.

So, as per my understanding Port mapping is right. Could be an issue with Midplane, not sure though,

:)

Sirajul haque
Frequent Advisor

Just wanted to add one more note:

I find that OA firmware is at :2.52 Jul 21 2009, this is a way old one and I would recommend you to update it as soon as possible. I find that some blade firmware is updated to the latest while others are not at the recommended level.

Please check below said guide and please follow the HP Blade Firmware matrix

Ensure that you check BladeSystem for ProLiant Release Set Compatibility Table (HP Blade Firmware matrix) before you update it

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p616879734/v70274/ReleaseSet_Compatibility_Table-9.30-2.pdf

:)