1753758 Members
4884 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C7000 locked in OA GUI

JoseMMP

C7000 locked in OA GUI

Hi,

We have 4 C7000 enclosures. When I logged in the OA GUI, Enclosure 1 appears as "Linked - Not Signed In". Using IPs assigned for that enclosure it does not load anything. There is not problem to iLO any of the blades inside that enclosure using their assigned iLO addresses and passwords. Please see picture attached.

Any suggestions?.

Regards
6 REPLIES 6
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

Can you connect to that OA individually via its web interface?

If not you are probably experiencing a known issue that is resolved with OA firmware 3.11:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3188465&swItem=MTX-4fd2d572906c4984a7883de998&prodNameId=3188475&swEnvOID=181&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=3
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi Jose,
From what I can see. You only selected Enclosure 2 to sign it to (checked at the top) The enclosure display probably looks the same (i.e. blank) for enclosures 3 & 4.

Try Login in to enclosure 1 using the Username and Password fields show in your attachment. Then click "Sign In".

(I would also recommend getting all of your enclosures to a common Firmware Level.)

HTH

Dave.
JoseMMP

Hi,

HEM - I cannot install version 3.11 because the web interface for Enclosure1 does not load. If I load OnBoard Admin with any of the other Enclosure's IP, then Enclosure1 appears as shown on the picture (Pic2). If I use Enclosure1's IP, it does not load it.

The Brit - When I try to log in, it comes back to that same screen. I have tried with other colleagues who should also have access with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jose
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Jose,

are the username and password the same on all the linked enclosures ?

As alrady mentioned, try to bring them on the same OA FW revision.

HTH

Kris
JoseMMP

Hi Kris,

Yes, all are the same username and password.

I would rather fix the issue with Enclosure1 first and then update the latest OA firmware to the other enclosures.

I was thinking to reset the OA in Enclosure1. Would that affect all the blades running at the moment in that enclosure?. Does anybody know the steps to reset the OA safely?.

I can telnet using the admin credentials, may I reset or reboot the OA via command line?. I forgot to mention that Enclosure1 has got just one OA.

Jose
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Josee,

rebooting or resetting the OA does not directly influence the server blades that run an Operating System. The OA is a management card for the enclosure itself (power/fans/network...) like what a iLO management port is to a server blade if you want to compare both.

Only connections that are open to the iLO's or the interconnects will get disconnected.

HTH

Kris