5479 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: C7000 OA upgrade path

Andrew_R
Advisor

C7000 OA upgrade path

Evening all.

I am creating a firmware baseline on 2 C7000 chassis at seperate datacentres and would like to check which firmware upgrade path I need to take for the secondary chassis.

I need to upgrade from OA version 4.22 to 4.60 and the VC in both Chassis is currentlly 4.20

All of the blades are BL460 G8 and have been upgraded to the 8.1 conveniance SPP including the 2019 bios.

Is there any VC outtage risk with this firmware upgrade? 

3 REPLIES 3
DANDKS
HPE Pro

Hello  Andrew_R

Since you have mentioned that all the Gen8 servers are already update with 8.1 SPP, you may perform individual updates for OA & the VC Modules.

OA can be upgraded to version 4.60 directly. However, since the VC Model name is not shared, we are unable to recommend any specific version of firmware.

It is recommended to perform an incremental firmware upgrade rather than doing a direct update to the latest version.

From the firmware download page, you will see a Revision History tab where you can find all the previous versions of firmware. From 4.20 you may have to upgrade every alternate version & reach the final desired version.

Login to HPE Support site & search for firmware version using the VC or OA model name or product ID.

Please write back for any further clarifications.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Andrew_R
Advisor

Hi Dandks

Thanks for the response.

WOuld upgrading to the following versions work : 

4.30 , 4.50 , 4.60

the vc modules are  FLEX10/10D (638526-B21) 

What is the highest level of OA and VC firmware that would support these blades whuich are connected to a storevirtual solution at the latset code levels?

DANDKS
HPE Pro

Hello Andrew_R

At the hardware level, below are the latest versions of firmware supported:

HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module for c-Class BladeSystem: 4.80(20 Dec 2019)

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_8fbad74a31174f3982e1fe53c3#tab4

HPE BladeSystem c-Class Onboard Administrator: 4.95(6 Nov 2019)

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_b9c6229f881e45f19089d17115#tab-history

Revision tab will have all the previous versions of Firmware. By this, you can download the previous versions & perform an increamental update. We recommend to take a configuration backup of the VC & OA modules before & after the firmware upgrade each time. This is a Best Practice to restore the configuration if the upgrade fails.

We recommend doing a upgrade with every alternate version or two.

I hope the provided solution has helped you resolve the issue.
Kindly let me know if you have further queries or the status.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo