BladeSystem - General
1745866 Members
4303 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C7000 Onboard Administrator LCD Lock problem

Keith Poirier_1

C7000 Onboard Administrator LCD Lock problem

I haven't been able to find anything by searching yet but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm trying to bring up an older (bl460G5 blades) C7000 chassis and I see a lock image on the LCD panel. This prevents any of the buttons from working. I've tried resetting (press the reset button) the OA to no avail.

Pointers?

Thanks,
Keith
7 REPLIES 7
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Re: C7000 Onboard Administrator LCD Lock problem

Hi Keith,

You can change this by connecting to the Onboard Administrator for the enclosure and visiting:

Enclosure Information > Insight Display

Uncheck the box for "Lock Buttons."

good luck, if you appreciate the answers we appreciate the points!
Keith Poirier_1

So, what is the default IP address the OA goes to? This system hasn't seen power in over a year and the person who set it up originally is long gone...
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

You can get on using the service port connection.

See the OA user guide for details of how to do this.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00705292/c00705292.pdf

page 208.
Keith Poirier_1

Thanks for the pointer but that page just tells you what to set your laptop ip address to - and it says to look on the LCD for the address of the OA. I can't do that because it's locked.

So, how do I reset the 2 OA's I have back to factory defaults so I can get rid of the lock screen? I've tried the reset button on the back of the OA and while that seems to reset it, the LCD screen still comes up as locked.

:-(

Thanks for the help on this!

cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Was the guy who set this up unhappy in his work?
Long shot, but do you have access to another c7000? If you do you could try and reassign the ip of one of the modules in the locked up enclosure by pulling both out, pull the standby out of the working one and fix an address to one of the modules. Move that back to the other enclosure then try and connect via the service port now you know the address.

Did something similar a while back and I'm sure the address on the newly inserted OA overrides the insight display.

Another thought. What happens if you pull both OA's then cycle the power to the enclosure?
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

The OA also has a serial port, which is used in a OA password recovery procedure.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=1844065&prodTypeId=329290&objectID=c01115866

I had to do this once, and I seem to recall that one of the other choices offered in the recovery menu was an option to reset the OA configuration to factory defaults. This might be exactly what you need. Even if my memory is wrong, you can use the serial connection after the password recovery procedure to view/change the OA network parameters.

Once you know both the admin password and the network parameters, you can change the rest of the configuration through the network connection.

See pages 206-209 in the Onboard Administrator User's Guide:
http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00705292/c00705292.pdf

MK
MK
Keith Poirier_1

Thanks for all the pointers - I was finally able to get in and clear the PIN on the LCD screen. Apparently, even resetting the OA modules doesn't reset the old IP address.

One of the things that slowed me down was the settings on the virtual connect module - the secondary Ethernet port was disabled. Setting the primary to the same subnet of what we thought the OA was set to allowed us to connect and reset everything.

Thanks again,

Keith