1748232 Members
3424 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: c7000 Single Phase Chassis Power Requirements

Brennieuk
Occasional Visitor

c7000 Single Phase Chassis Power Requirements

I'm looking to purchase a single phase c7000 blade enclosure but would appreciate some guidance on the power requirements.

I've run my configuration through the HP BladeCenter Power Sizing Tool and the reccommended circuit sizing comes in around 20 amps however normal utilisation is circa 14amps.

My supplier has advised an APC 6000 (SURT6000XLI) will be sufficient, i'm looking to purchase two additional battery banks for extended runtime however I would like some guidance from the experts to understand if this UPS connected to a 32amp feed will be sufficient to power a c7000 enclosure populated with BL460s.

This would be used to run a small VM cluster and will hardly be stressed anywhere near full capacity, your advice would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Brennieuk
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the information, however looking at the power specifications section a power supply with a Nominal Input Voltage of 230v would require a input current of 12amps.

The enclosure i intend to purchase has 6 power supplies, is the calculation for the circuit sizing really as simple as 12a x 6?  This would suggest i would require a 72amp breaker on the circuit and seems a bit high, given the power sizing tool advises the circuit sizing should be 22.23amps (attached) im confused.

Please can you help clarify

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

This sizer is no longer being updated with new servers. Please use the HP Power
Advisor located at http://www.hp.com/go/HPPowerAdvisor