108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't Add External Uplink Port in Define Ethernet Network

SOLVED
Go to solution
Skip McDowell
Occasional Advisor

Can't Add External Uplink Port in Define Ethernet Network

I'm trying to create a new ethernet network in VCM, The uplinks are patched into the switch and linked so I'm in VCM, Define Ethernet Network, give it a network name, Add Port and select the port from the drop down box and nothing, the selection doesn't stick. This enclosure has 2 other networks defined which I set up a couple of years ago but this has me stumped. Has anyone seen this type of behavior before?

-Skip
4 REPLIES 4
Braveheart360
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Skip,

Verify that the browser that you are using to manage the VCM Networks is on the compatibility list. VC Firmware 3.x will resolve this issue if you are using IE 8.x.
Skip McDowell
Occasional Advisor

You nailed it. The problem was that I was using IE8. Once I connected to VCM with IE6 everything worked as advertized.

Thanx for the assist!

-Skip
Skip McDowell
Occasional Advisor

Need to use IE6 due to VCM firmware version.
Proliant VMS San Mgrs
Frequent Advisor

Using VCEC 2.31 and VCFC 1.40, I was told by support to use Firefox 3.6. I can confirm that with IE (either 7 or 8) I could not save changes in profiles; but that works with FF.

Note to HP engineering / development: It is time to get your act together and support current versions of both IE and FF.

At this time (with OBA 2.60)there's a problem with IE 8 when you reboot a blade (BL460): the F8 key is not seen, so you can not access BIOS settings. You will need IE 7 or earlier for that to work, or the latest OBA. But of course, latest OBA will require updating system ROM and ILO on every one of your blades.
Problems Solved