BladeSystem - General
1753301 Members
6781 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: can we use same fabrics interconnect in c7000 blade enclosure ?

Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

can we use same fabrics interconnect in c7000 blade enclosure ?

Dear Guruz,

I have c7000 Series Blade enclosure and populated with bl860 and bl460 c generation blade servers .and enclosure have Ethernet and brocade san switch interconnect.
I have 4 servers are already connected with san switch and Storage, now I want to connect one of bl860 and bl640 servers with storage. But in Both servers on mezzanine Slot 1, ISCSI card is already installed and connected with storage blade and mezzanine slot2 is free where I installed FC card and its showing me the interconnect location is bay5 and bay6 which is actually blank .

Now I have some option but I am not sure about, this can anybody help me.

Option1.
Installed two new san switch on bay5 and bay6. but I am not sure is it work because you have 4 san switch in one enclosure and I am not sure that you can use same interconnect fabric. If we can use the I need to cascade the switched using change the domain id and do the zoning.

Option2.
Is it possible I can swap the both cards like mezzanine 1 card with mezzanine 2 and mezzanine2 with mezzanine 1 ?
If yes will will be happened with storage ,I am not sure about connectivity of storage blade .

Thanks
Khalid

1 REPLY 1
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Re: can we use same fabrics interconnect in c7000 blade enclosure ?

Two-port mezzanine card in slot 1 maps its ports to interconnect bay 3 and 4. Two-port mezzanine card in slot 2 maps its ports to interconnect bay 5 and 6.

Option 1.
Yes, you can install 4 SAN switches in one c7000 enclosure.