108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Changing the name of the Virtual connect domain

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

Changing the name of the Virtual connect domain

I have 2 enclosures and did not setup a common VC Domain name.
I want to change the name of one to match the other so I can centrally administer them.
In VC manager it says that if I delete the VC domain it will revert to factory default. I dont want to interrupt the servers in the enclosure. Instead of deleting the VC Domain, can I just change the name, without interruption to the servers?

Thanks
Chris
1 REPLY 1
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Changing the name of the Virtual connect domain

>>can I just change the name, without interruption to the servers?

Yes, you can.
Make sure you have 2.13 OA firmware as well
http://tinyurl.com/35tql3
See last condition in Fixes section

"Fixed an issue where the Onboard Administrator could clear the Virtual Connect parameters from one or more servers following the sequence of events described below. This issue caused a "Profile Pending" condition, detected and reported by Virtual Connect Manager, that required affected servers to be powered off to clear the problem.
The Onboard Administrator is rebooted, power-cycled, or failed over followed by any of these events:
The Virtual Connect Manager (executing on a Virtual Connect Ethernet module in I/O bay 1 or 2) failed over
The Virtual Connect Manager changed IP addresses (due to a change in network connection, DHCP server, or Enclosure Bay IP Addressing setting)
The Virtual Connect Manager was used to change the Virtual Connect Domain Name value.
"