4906 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Constant 'Degraded' Alerts

jasonwelch001
Occasional Advisor

Constant 'Degraded' Alerts

hello
Since we've implemented our c7000's, we've received numerous alerts from one of our Enclosures. We'll receive an alert that the enclosure has gone from 'OK to Degraded', then a minute or so later receive another message that the same enclosure has gone from 'Degraded to OK'. There are no messages in the enclosure's system log referencing hardware issues... Both OA modules, in this enclosure, are running 3.17.

When these degraded alerts occur, then we'll receive alerts that our other enclosures 'have detected the removal of 3 enclosures from the enclosure link'

Does anyone have any insight?? Like I said, the enclosure system logs don't reference any hardware failures during the time these alerts are produced.

thank you
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Check the OA linking cables. Sounds like an intermittent connection.
Bhavin-Desai
Advisor

Remove and reseat the OA Tray assembly and ensure that it is fitted inside deep.
jasonwelch001
Occasional Advisor

I will try that..Are there any other scenarios that can cause these errors...I'm assuming all hardware, within this enclosure, is 'OK' because the enclosure never stays in 'degraded' state for more than a couple minutes.

Besides the system log associated with the OA module, is there any other logging that may tell me exactly what's failing/causing these alerts??
jasonwelch001
Occasional Advisor

thanks for suggestions.