BladeSystem - General
1748179 Members
4199 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Contents of Dev Bays disappeard from OA display.

marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Hmm ..this issues occurs on other proliants too not only blades,,

cast an eye on the solution i provided here

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1398996

i suspect it is because of a bad rom flash..
The Brit
Honored Contributor

You might be correct, it certainly looks similar.

Right now however, my point is that the OA firmware should be able to handle garbage coming from a single blade, and should not result in the loss of all information on ALL the blades.

Dave.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

I suspect when a single blade is ,is reporting incorrect info because of a bad flash or similar,

the OA cannot do the reckoning it cannot define resources and assign them correctly
hence looses it ability to administer and this is what actually throws it out of kilter.

I have seen many enclosures where 1 single blade had a firmware that was not compatible with the matrix , and the whole enclosure became unstable. erratic,

In such circumstances no errors were to be found in event logs ilo etc,

Also it appears insight display becomes neutered , and displays green all round,showing no errors after all it only shows issues relayed from the OA.

So the issue that your enclosure had reinforces my belief that a single blade issue can overwhelm the OA and cause erratic issues.
it appears the OA algorithms cannot work outside their preset parameters ..

The Brit
Honored Contributor

See comments above.

I just hope that HP Engineering take this and fix it.

Just one additional problem. After removing the blade from the enclosure, I suspect that one of the admins tried to remove the profile from the empty bay, and now the VCM is hosed. I will be cycling the VC manager this evening.

Dave.