108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Deployment Windows Images

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ray Lee_2
Regular Advisor

Deployment Windows Images

I am getting an error when using Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition on c7000-BL460c. That the file ql2300.sys is corrupted. I fought out that I need the Windows 2003 EE RC2, with SP2 CD/Image. Which we don't have.

Does anyone else having this issue and how did you fix it?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
karim h
Valued Contributor

Download the FC HBA STOR Miniport driver package from the qlogic site for the QMH2462. It will contain the following files -

* QL2X00.INF - Driver installation script
* QLOGIC - Driver Package identification file
* QL2300.CAT - Catalog file
* QL2300.SYS - QLogic Fibre Channel miniport driver
* QLSDM.DLL - QLogic API
* README.TXT - This file
* TXTSETUP.OEM - Driver installation script for text mode

Make sure you download the correct driver for your operating system and HW (x86, x64) etc.

Put it on a USB floppy drive and mount it along with the Windows 2003 EE media via the BL460C Virtual Media ILO interface. When Windows setup begins press F6 to specify a third party driver, select the Floppy volume (A:) and load the driver.

Karim
Ray Lee_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks for your reply...

I am trying to manually install the distribution files into the w52e directory.

Is there a way to reinstall using the automatic distribution and apply these drivers?

Thanks,
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Ray... I think you need to put those drivers in
\lib\osoem\proliant.800\w52\$oem$\$1\drivers\scsi
and replace the ones already there.

or w52.64 if its 64 bit.

This is where it picks drivers from before it loads the Proliant Support Pack ones.

You will have to stop it loading the Support Pack if the version of the driver in the support pack is incorrect.

Terri Harris
Honored Contributor
Solution

Is it just Sp2 that is required (is this going to be a Bfs?).If so all you need is Sp2 and do a Slipstream with your 2003 Enterprise files.
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

I have this same problem attempting an install using RDP. I think I have Win2003 x64 SP2- at least I downloaded the "R2" version of Win2003 which is 2 iso files and the 2nd one in the SP2 update. RDP puts it all in one folder for scripted install. Does that mean it is "slipstreamed"? There is a slipstream.inf file. Do I need to do something with it? What does it mean to do a slipstream?
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Slipstream is a Microsoft term for adding a Service pack to the OS source files.
If you need to install 2003 with Sp2 included (such as in a BfS (Boot from SAN), you cannot have 2 iso images or 2 CDs or 2 separate source files.

I wrote this up when Sp1 first came out for Windows 2003:

SLIPSTREAMING WINDOWS 2003 WITH SPK1

1. Create 2 folders. 1 folder is W2003 and contains the OS files = W2003OS. 1 folder is Spk1 and contains the (W2003) spk1.exe file downloaded from Microsoft.com

2. Extract the Spk1 exe file to the same folder:

D:\Spk1> spk1.exe /x (you are prompted for destination)

This extracts all the files (a bunch of them with one primary \i386 folder).

3. Apply the service pack to the OS files with the update.exe file (from the \i386\update\ directory in the Spk1 folder):

c:\spk1\i386\update\update.exe -s:D:\W2003OS

The result is that the \W2003OS folder now has the W2003 files slipstreamed with service pack 1.
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

thanks. But still having a problem. Basically it won't let me create a Win64 bit CD w/ SP2 unless I am running on Win64 (or a 64 bit server) to begin with and I'm not. The update.exe program (there isn't one, but I think maybe it's the r2auto.exe?) won't run because it says it will only run on a 64 bit machine. So I can't do the slipstream. There are actually 5 update.exe files but I don't think any of them are the ones you are suggesting I run? They are spread among several folders, all under \cmpnents\r2\packages\. There is no Update folder on the SP2 iso.
I also tried using a program called nLite but that also would not let me create the x64 version on an x32 machine. seems I'm in a catch 22. Can't create the initial install CD unless I do it on an x64 system but can't install on an x64 system without the updated CD.
MS right

I have seen a good post on the same problem, although it was meant for IBM HS22 it still apply as it related really to the Qlogic driver and windows more than anything else. Check out the solution post at:

http://www.tsmguru.com/blades/ibm-blades/hs22-qlogic-qmi2572-qlogic-2300sys-file-is-corrupted.html

I hope that help. If it did please reward points.

Thanks,
Julie Cole