5706 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EBIPA Issue on C3000

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

EBIPA Issue on C3000

Hi All,
We've a new Blade c3000 with 5 Blade Servers in.
The EBIPA was initially set with some 10.242.242.xxx values. FW on the chassis is 2.12.

I've changed these for the 5 Blade Servers. In all but the server in Blade 1 the changes have taken effect and I can access the ILO's. But for the Server in Bay 1 it stays on the old address.

I've enabled / disabled, powered off/on the Blade etc. But I cannot get the new address to be taken. The IP address is not in use elsewhere, I've also tried different addresses.

Is there anything special about servers in Bay 1 where EBIPA is concerned?
7 REPLIES 7
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Re: EBIPA Issue on C3000

Is there anything special about servers in Bay 1 where EBIPA is concerned?
Reply: There is nothing Special for Bay 1.

Interesting: Are you seeing any logs in Syslog which says management processor on Bay 1 Busy.
Or any error message on the server.

did you try to remove the server and reinsert the same?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not tried physically removing it yet - it's at a remote site.
No error messages reported. It just reports that the IP Address has been changed when I alter it. I see the same message for the servers where the address change has taken.

The server is running VMWare ESX (as is another in Bay 2). I was hoping to use hponcfg to manually change the address. But this seems to hang when I try and use it.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Seems this may be an ILO2 problem on the server.
hponcfg -get_info just hangs, on a similar server with same OS this returns a result.
The CP008590.scexe also just hangs, again on a similar server this works.

So the next stage will be to do at least a physical power off of the device.

The fact the server based utilities cannot get at the device seems to suggest it's not an issue with the Blade infrastructure.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi Rob,

From the OA CLI, try command "reset server " It is similar to remove and Insertion of the server.
Note there will be no IO since you are removing and Inserting it.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I have resolved it. I used the GIU Reset Option. Not sure if that does the same thing as your suggested CLI reset. But once I'd done that the ILO started responding to the hponcfg requests.

From there I changed the IP Address and it was reset okay and it's now accessible.

I'll certainly remember the CLI option for the future.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Resetting the Server seemed to sort out the ILO.
I used the OA Web I/F but the CLI would probably do the same thing.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

GUI Reset will also work almost same way but it Not same as removal and Insertion.
I hope now Ebipa is working fine.