5703 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Emitted temperature Classp Enclosure

Vanderbiest
Occasional Advisor

Emitted temperature Classp Enclosure

Hello,

I would like to know the temperature emitted by a enclosure classP with 6 BL20p G3 and two switch, therefore, a filled enclosure. I do not need to know the operating temperature which is of 35°c maximum, but the normal temperature which should leave to the back of the enclosure.
Thank you for your assistance.

P.s: sorry for my pore englishfor English, this is a automatic translation (fr-en)
Joël
4 REPLIES 4
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I don't think there is a SPECIFIC NORMAL temperature ->for "the temperature which should leave to the back of the enclosure"

As You Already know :
Temperature Range*
Operating
10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)

Non-Operating
-40° to 60° C (-40° to 140° F)

Storage
-20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
Maximum Wet Bulb Temperature
-30° C (86° F)

Also,

NOTE: All temperature ratings shown are for sea level. An altitude derating of 1°C per 304.8 m (1.8°F per 1,000 ft) to 3048 m (10,000 ft) is applicable. No direct sunlight allowed. Upper operating limit is 3,048m (10,000 ft) or 70 Kpa/10.1 psia. Upper non-operating limit is 9,144 m (30,000 ft) or 30.3 KPa/4.4 psia.
NOTE: Storage maximum humidity of 95% is based on a maximum temperature of 45°C (113°F). Altitude maximum for storage corresponds to a pressure minimum of 70 KPa.

So, this temperature that you are referring to, must be within the HIGHER limits; then its normal; Anything BEYOND... is not normal.

Regards,
James.
Vanderbiest
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Thank you for responding.
In fact, my customer ask if the tempertaure notified in the ilo manager is 41°c, and say that the temperature to the rear of the enclosure is high. No errors, but he is worry.
Thank you,
Joël
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Im sure You are talking about the System information where the Temperature is displayed.

Temperaturesâ Displays the temperature conditions monitored at sensors in various locations in the server chassis, and the processor temperature. The temperature is monitored to maintain the location
temperature below the caution threshold. If the temperature exceeds the caution threshold, the fan speed is increased to maximum.

Hence, As long as the THRESHOLD TEMPERATURE is not exceeded OR the display shows some ERROR; There should be nothing to be worried about(I think).

Regards,
James.
Vanderbiest
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply !
Joël